Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 bit Shift Left Logical Implementation code

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidar123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I want to implement SHIFT LEFT Logical on VHDL for Operand A of 4 bits to shift left logical by Operand B steps (Operand B tells us how many bits have to be shifted). Operand A and Operand B are 4 bits logic vectors as inputs. Result output port should have result as 8 bit.Need VHDL code.

Hi Guys
I want to implement SHIFT LEFT Logical on VHDL for Operand A of 4 bits to shift left logical by Operand B steps (Operand B tells us how many bits have to be shifted). Operand A and Operand B are 4 bits logic vectors as inputs. Result output port should have result as 8 bit.Need VHDL code.
I suggest you start with a text editor and write some code.

Hi Guys

As K-J points out you should write some code and or ask specific questions about problems you are having.

Posts with "Need VHDL code. Thanks:-D" are usually ignored and or have comments like K-J's as it makes you look lazy and just a waste of limited resources.

I will give you a hint: do a google search for VHDL barrel shifter https://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=VHDL+barrel+shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back