Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8-bit PIC mcu mail server - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Abdallaah

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC mail server

Hi all,

I am thinking to build a very simple mail server on an 8-bit PIC mcu, before I start the hard work I want to know if someone did such a job before so that instead of starting from scratch I can do some development.

My main idea so far is to use some wide library base compiler such as CCS C, and then use an MMC card to store the "text only messages", say we have one serial port for plugging a user, every user will login and out with a password, then they can receive their mail if any, or send some text message to another user.

I will use the serial port to avoid the TCP stack since I have no idea what it is or how to use it, while it is something that might come in later as a development stage.

I will be really glad if someone can lead me to some already done server.

If a partner is interested to cooperate with me to do such a work, I am ready>

Hope it is interesting to someone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.