Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7905 voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have connected the regulator as shown in the attached figure.the input is taken from an adaptor,the +ve terminal of the adaptor is connected to the gnd of 7905 and the -ve is connected to the input, the output is the voltage between the output pin and the gnd pin but i have an output of -1.5v although the input is 12v, is this connection right or should i use a center tapped transformer to have negative voltage.
regrads

voltage regulator 7905

The configuration is right; you don't need centre tap .. just (-) to input and (+) to GND. Try to connect capacitors between input-gnd-output-gnd and a load of, say, 100Ω - 1kΩ. If you still read this low voltage then your IS is "kaput" (faulty) ..

Added after 5 minutes:

Thing I've forgotten to mention, not like in 7805 where the body is the GND, in 7905 the metal thing is actually the input potential. You have to isolate it from everything ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back