Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74HC943 vs 74HC942

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to find if there are any differences in these chips besides the split rail PSU.
I see that the table marked as "Table II Universal service order code resistor values" is different between the chips. I don't understand what it really means, can you help?
Does it mean that the 74HC942 is more sensitive? Or they just did not bother writing the extra table values on the 74HC943 (not updated)?

Attachments

• MM74HC943.pdf
    120.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 74HC942.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 179

Hi,

sorry I can´t answer your question.

Funny: One datasheet says "preliminary" in the year 1988. :) .
Are you sure they are available? .. and useful? There was some progress in the past 30 years.

Klaus

Well I cannot find any other through-hole 300baud bell103 chip with so few peripheral components to make a complete modem. So if progress means more complexity, sorry... :p

Hi,

I guess old used modems can be bought very cheap via ebay or so...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back