Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6v Dynamo Voltage Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

steptoe

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
6v dynamo

Can anybody help with this obscure request :

I'm looking for a circuit that I can use to build a dynamo voltage regulator that must be capable of regulating a 6v system, with a rating of at least 60w, preferably 100w, and if possible be able to give an output voltage of 12v regulated, so I can convert the electrics to 12v, but still run it from the 6v dynamo output

I know its possible, as I can buy at least one regulator that can do all this, but I want to see if I can do this myself before paying out, and to save myself some money in the process, so I can spend it on my bike

Thanks for any help

motorbike dynamo

First try out a simple switcher step-up converter from Nat.Semic. e.g LM2577.The normal bike-dinamo 8-10W, when You need 60W, i think
the driving is very slow and hard...

voltage regolator dynamo

I'll have a look, I think you might be confused with a bicycle dynamo, I'm interested in building a 6v regulator for a motorbike dynamo !

dynamo voltage regulator

What it is the nominal output voltage of your motorbyke dynamo?

regulátor 6v dynamo

Is this a motor bike or a push bike?. If it the latter, you are going to have to do a great deal of hard pedalling to produce that amount of power.

dynamo voltage regulator circuit

to generate a 12v 100w power from 6v is not a easy job.it need about 17 A.the efficiency will be poor,so many thermal must be sent out.in this case,forget LM2577 ect.looking for **broken link removed** maybe helpful.in this level ciruit,you must use a multi phase converter.you can do the job with LTC1871,2 phase boost converter,and will get a good efficiency.
good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

regulator dynamo

i am sorry,the right site is:
**broken link removed**
hope can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor