Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

65nm TSMC PDK Inductor Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

acbalbason

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Whenever I use TSMC's Inductor Finder it says the Maximum frequency is only 20 GHz. So how does on design say an LNA for example that operates at 60GHz?

Thanks,
Al

Hi,

This is a question I'm also interested in getting some knowledge on! If anyone can offer any information on this tool in general, that would be great.

In advance, thank you!

Hi there, it's been a long time since you post it buta...

actually I'm having trouble with the same problem so,

did you solve it? I mean..if you get any answer of it, could you reply of it plz? thanks !

First question
Does TMSC process permit to use its' coils beyod 20GHz ??Because "the Upper Frequency Using Limit" is defined by the process itself and it depends on many technical constraints such as substrate height,substrate dielectric coefficient,metal layers and the others.
If TSMC doesn't permit to use beyond 20GHz, you should select another process in this case.To my knowledge, it's hard to realize 60GHz LNA with standard CMOS processes.There may be some speciallized CMOS processes to be seek..

Then, is it possible to realize a 10GHz amplifier using TSMC018um technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.