Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

65 nm Signals Specification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
specification of slews

Hi members,
Please who can tell me what is the rise/fall Time to gate a 65 nm CMOS transistor.
How to determine it.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

liberty timing file files

This is a subjective question...what is the environment?

He means to say what are the PVT conditions?

Also depends on the load attached to the transistor.

I think you mean the delay level for 65n standard cells in normal application, is it? It also depends on PVT as well as gate's loading.

Are you doing library characterization or simply using an existing library with pre-characterized cells? If library characterization then it is more difficult to explain but if you are using an existing library then the cell characterization are in the timing library. Typically for 65nm, data path signals slews on worst PVT are about 200 to 300 ps.

iwpia50s said:
Are you doing library characterization or simply using an existing library with pre-characterized cells? If library characterization then it is more difficult to explain but if you are using an existing library then the cell characterization are in the timing library. Typically for 65nm, data path signals slews on worst PVT are about 200 to 300 ps.

Hi all,
I designed some gates for a library and I'm doing the characterization.
I'm sorry cause I'm not familiar with this technique, can you iwpia50s through more light on the PVT ?
Thanks again.

For setup timing analysis you want the worst PVT (process, voltage, temperature) condition. The Synopsys liberty timing file is characterized for specific PVT points. The index tables should have the slew vs capacitance load for timing analysis.

master_picengineer said:
iwpia50s said:

Hi all,
I designed some gates for a library and I'm doing the characterization.
I'm sorry cause I'm not familiar with this technique, can you iwpia50s through more light on the PVT ?
Thanks again.

Characterization of a cell means you will actually provide a stimulus with an input slew and note down the behaviour of the cell(delay, setup/hold time, etc) witha particular load at the output.

Since the behaviour of the cell (lets talk of delay simply) depends on the temperature, voltage (assuming Process is constant), inshort PVT, hence you cannot ignore these parameters while characterizing the cell. e.g delay at 50degrees would not be same as delay at 60degrees.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back