Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5W Transmitter harmonic filter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFactor

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transmitter harmonics power

i have designed a passive harmonic filter design ... but the proble is : the output power from PA is 5W and i can't find any coils that can carry this power ...
anyone knows company or manufacturer of high power coils ...

transmitter filter harmonic

This power level is not unusually high. Here are some pointers on the coils. Air core has lower loss. You may need to use through hole types. Check your filter design for current levels in the inductors. This will be the main source of loss and heating. You may have to do another design with lower currents.

What is the frequency range of your 5 W?

is there any company or manufuctrer for the air core coils with that range of power ... ?

regarding the frequency range, i designed two harmonic filters and switch between them using the pin diodes ...
the first filter ... from 45-75MHz
the second filter from 75-85MHz

You can easily use the spring air coils series from Coilcraft. Find specs and models for simulation on:
**broken link removed**

NandoPG

SFactor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back