Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5vdc to 12vdc conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthilip

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
5vdc to 12vdc

Hi friends,

Can anyone send me d design to convert 5v dc to 12v dc doubler circuit with only resistors and capacitors.

5v dc to 12v dc doubler

Please reconcile-- your question appears impracticable!!
With only passive R and C how do you propose to have DC-DC boost converter?

However, as you have put this question in micro-controller section, I suggest that you create a charge pump using the clock output from Micro, driving a FET or a transistor with an inductor in the collector circuit. From the collector, rectify using a 1N4148 ad filter you get high voltage DC.

You can use a 12V regulator like 78L12 or a resistor and zener to bring it to a wanted supply. However it can deliver few mA but not much.

Sarma

circuit 12vdc to 5vdc

google charge pump based on 555 timer ic.....

5vdc to 12v convert

if you have a max232 in your circuit you could use it

rectify 5v to 12v dc circuit

1. Voltage doubler will give you only 10V from 5V.
2. You can't make a doubler with just Rs adn Cs.
3. Inductive boost converter, is, probably, the easiest way to obtain 12V from 5V.

convert -12dc to +5vdc

Friends, thanks for ur replies. Actually, my need is to interface 4 inch seven segment displays with the microcontroller.I want to control the segments with transistors.I require an output of 12v from the transistors, which is to be given to the common anode of the displays.I have used CL100,BC547,2N3906,2N2222 transistors. Iam unable to control the segment with the transistor's base(output from the microcontroller). My need is, if I give "High(5v)" from the controller, I require 12v dc output to light uo the segments. If I give low, the segments should OFF. Plz give me ur kind suggestions to do so.

5v dc to 12v dc transistor

What power supply voltages do you have in your system?

Your LEDs will be consuming a fair amount of current. Consider a stup up (boost) converter. See fig. 2 in this app note **broken link removed**

convert 12vdc to 5vdc

I think that you should start of with a decent hi current 12 v supply which you can use for your LEDS and use a 7805 voltage regulator to supply your control electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.