Not open for further replies.

Sweta25

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I am using a stepper motor (5V, 28BYJ-48) and the problem is that I am unable to make the motor rotate by 1 degree...I was able to rotate it at a frequency approx 94Hz (the minimum frequency I could use to enable rotation)....I think I require a gearing mechanism but my knowledge on gearing system is very little...Can someone help me???

Most steppers have a number of poles that isn't equal to 360 but lower, for example 200. To make it rotate exactly 1 degree you need to commutate 2 coils at once and often PWM them to keep the rotor half way in between 2 poles. If you look up "micro stepping" then you should find the necessary commutation schemes for your stepper motor.

You think I should use PWM.....am little cnfused??? can't I use gearing mechanism???

Both gearing and microstepping are possible solutions to achieve higher angular resolution. I don't understand why your minmal step rate is limited to 94 Hz, by the way.

Microstepping doesn't necessarily use PWM, generally it applies sin/cos varied current to the phases. PWM is one possible way to generate it.

Microstepping doesn't necessarily use PWM, generally it applies sin/cos varied current to the phases. PWM is one possible way to generate it.
That is correct, but since PMW is far easier to generate with a microcontroller or FPGA than a sin/cos wave, it is the simplest implementation because it doesn't require any additional components.

I am unable to use microstepping..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…