Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5V 500ma Inductive Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmitchy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am not new to electronics design but I am far from a pro. I need to design a 5v / 500ma (or more) inductive charging system. I know there are plenty on the market, but I need to design one for a proprietary product.

I will be using a 12V DC input voltage and require a 5V DC (500ma or more) voltage output.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can research my schematics and circuit design?

The type of circuit you should use mainly depends on on the coupling coefficient k between your coils. For high k (like >0.5) you can likely get away with just driving the coils with a square wave and rectifying the secondary. For low k you're probably better off with resonant coils, using similar techniques found in wireless resonant charging circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back