Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timmer circuit issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherazi

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all!

i wanted to use a 555 circuit for flashing 24V bulb, i had desined the circuit! for 12V first and it works fine , now i added a bridge diode rectifier and a zener to alter my input source to be 24Vac , after rectification and using a 12v zener the circuit doesnt flash , its On all the time ! plz can you check the schematics

in the working circuit taht uses 12Vdc there is no zener , now i added the zener as shown and the ac 24 v are rectified before that !

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 90

The only diode in your diagram is an ordinary diode, not a zener. It does nothing.

thats by mistake in the schematic ! its actually a 12v Zener diode!

You can also use 7812 regulator and use 2.2k resistor as pull down from pin 3 of your 555 to ground.

try separating the rectifier and 555 section. Power up the same 555 section with some other 12V supply and then check whether your rectifier (without 555) gives you 12V. One of the two should give a problem .... this should simplify things ...

7812 is a 12v regulator is give you regulated 12v even if the supply is more than 12v then the 2.2k resistor is used as pull down to make sure that the output of your 555 is pull to ground except it change it's state from low to hi or vise-vasa.

... the 2.2k resistor is used as pull down to make sure that the output of your 555 is pull to ground except it change it's state from low to hi or vise-vasa.
It isn't necessary.

The 555's output had both active pull up and active pull down.

When the 555 expirience a noice from the power supply it toogle the output.

yes of course with a proper filtering of ripples it will be okey.

Status
Not open for further replies.