Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 555 timer calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh401

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone tell me the values of r1, r2 and c of 555 timer for the t1=1ms and t2=20ms.

can you calculate and tel me....i cant get the exact values using the calculator.

Assuming that R1 is the resistor from Vcc to pin 7 and R2 is between pins 7 and 6, you cannot have t1<t2 with the basic astable 555 configuration. This is because t1 is determined by R1+R2 while R2 is set by R2 alone so that t1 is always greater than t2. Other configurations can give results with t1 less than t2, but to get a high ratio of 1:20, the required values are too critical to be practicable.

One thing you can do is to make t1 = 20ms and t2 = 1ms and then invert the output with a transistor or a logic gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back