Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer as clock with control on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliya24

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I have a simple question i want to build a clock generator but i want it start running when i supply control signal to it .can i do it with 555?
I seen an application note of 555 and i understand i can use it as a clock generator but did not figure out how can i control when it starts generating my clock???
Txh.

In my view there are many ways to do that either use reset or power pin control you should put the your schematic Picture on the forum such that it become clear where do you want the control to be added...

Good Luck

the control can be used in many ways try a D flip flop to trigger the 555 that will enable you to even control the timer in the middle of the operation also

Thx for help. I think u did not get me right .
first issue I want to have two clock's first 625 hz and second 2.5 khz using 2 555's but i need the second clock start generating after 200u delay from first one.
Second issue i tried to generate those clocks without the 200 u delay between them and i tried to sincronize between them by entering the slow one as D to flip lop and the fast to clk of flip lop but it did not work very well any suggestment?
Thx.

IMG-20120816-00061.jpg

I am posting this picture at i need help to do it withh 555 as main clk generator and all the rest sync to it Thx

Hi iliya24,

Some question on your schematic first-

1) r u planning to generate 800 ms clock using IC555 or signals S1 or S2 ?
2) what is this slop signal ?
3) dose s1 and s2 signal are need to be periodically generated ?
4) did the signal width of s1 and s2 is 200 ms and what about the blue line is it a separate signal get pulsed in between two clock pulses ?
5) Dose it is necessary to use only 555 timer or any other things are ok for you?

Please answer these questions/queries for further discussion...

with regards,

milind

the schematic point us to unending list of queries kindly help us to solve this puzzle with more of your ips

I am thankful for the help but we canceled the idea working with 555 and switched to micro so thx anyway!!!!

Hi iliya24,

Micro controller will be the best to do this stuff ....and you choice is really right.....in Micro controller the advantage is you can have better configuration for the frequency and it will be configured in software....where as in case of 555 timer it will have been only hardware configuration....

Good Luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back