Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

500 watt solar based inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshoaib89

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys, please help me out in designing a 500 watt solar based inverter.. as i am new to this field need your guidance, please share any schematic based on proteus or pspice based design.. wana refer

thank you
regds
md shb

Is the input to the inverter going to be from the solar panels directly? Or will the solar panels charge the battery, which will be the input to the inverter?

For the inverter, you have 2 methods:
1) From the input DC bus, generate a 50Hz signal, drive Power MOSFETs, which will drive a 50Hz transformer. Use feedback to maintain constant output voltage.
2) From the input DC bus, generate a high frequency (20kHz to 100kHz) signal, driver Power MOSFETs which will drive a ferrite transformer, whose output will be rectified and filtered to maintain a constant high voltage DC output. Then, using 50Hz signal, drive a MOSFET full-bridge that will convert the high voltage DC to AC. Use feedback either in the DC-DC or DC-AC conversion stage.

Add additional features such as low-battery protection, overload and short-circuit protection, etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

dear thamid,
i am using solar panel.. to drive my inverter... if you have any circuit design parameters or any details regarding the design part of inverter please email it to meshoaib89@gmail.com

thank you

For getting an idea, you should take a look at this (assuming we're talking about a high frequency inverter - option 2 above - and the waveform is quasi sine):

png

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back