Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50 OHM MICROSTRIP LINE DESIGN 2.45GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trishool

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microstrip line calculator

Dear All,

I have an amplifier IC delievering about 27 to 30 dBm p1dB out put power , working at a center frequency of 2.45GHz ,I am using 1.6mm Thick FR4 PCB material, Please help me with.

1) does power output influences the microstrip line on the pcb.

2) Can anyone help me with the design of this microstrip line , its distance from the ground plane , width of the line for the said PCB material.

Best regards
Ts

50 ohm microstrip line

1)no
2)using line calculator in ads

50 ohm microstrip calculator

Hello guys , thanks for the reply , actually the microstrip calculator doesnt specify the distance of the ground plane layer, on the top away from the microstrip , can you help me with that . Please see the attached pic for more clearance.

Rgds
Ts

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
50 ohm microstripline

**broken link removed**

See page 12.
Design the transmission line so that the conductor is as close to the
ground plane as possible. This technique will couple the
transmission line tightly to the ground plane and help decouple it
from adjacent signals.

microstripline calculator

Dear all , thanks for valuable suggestions but my question that how far the top layer GND plane is to be placed from the microstrip line remains the same, as per above pic.

Rgds
Ts

microstrip 50 ohm

man if u make the ground plan , this become a coplaner trnsmission line , and u need copalner calculator
check TXline of WMO , also in ADS usr the line calc to get the distanc
**broken link removed**

khouly

50ohm microstrip

There are a number of calculators available. Look up Polar's Si9000 as one choice.

Agilent has a free one called AppCAD or you might try to find txline.exe and as I recall it comes from Tonne.

There are also several good books on the subject. Waddel is one, Simon wrote another.

Just search on "impedance calculators" and a bunch of choices are available.

Here is one place to look: h**p://www.hp.woodshot.com/

microstrip calculator fr4

IN ADS tool>lincalc is used to calculate the microstrip line with electrical angle and the resistance. just enter the desired resistance and electrical length bita * length of line and you will have the width and length of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back