Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 5 key USB PIC keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

alekvodnjan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I have to make 5-key USB keyboard using PIC microcontroller for my school project. Keyboard also must contain switch and potentiometer for volume contol (this is optional).
When the switch is in state '0', those five keys should represent 4 arrow keys (up, down, left, right) and Enter key as on normal PC keyboard. On the other hand, when the switch is in state '1', keys should represent numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5.
I have no experience with PIC-USB-PC interface. Schematic is no big deal 'cause it's quite simple, but when it comes to programming there is a huge problem. I don't even know how to start :-D
I read somewhere that would be easier to make PS/2 keyboard with PIC and then use a PS/2 to USB converter. I really don't know :roll:

So.
Can you recommend me some projects,ideas or anything.

I usually use ISIS Professional to simulate circuit, and microC or microPascal for PIC programming.

Cheers!

for that you need to understand microchip's free usb stack and modify the program. It is simple if you can understand the communication between pc and the usb device

Status
Not open for further replies.