Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4x4 matrix keypad to LCD(alphanumerical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaboltz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there

I am busy with a project where I must use a 4x4 matrix keypad to display 40 characters i.e (A-Z[26],0-9[10],comma,decimal point, exclamation mark and question mark) using alpha numerical display(same way the old non-touch screen cell phones worked). I am using a 16F877A PIC and programming in MikroC compiler for PICS.

Now programming the keypad to display something is quite easy, but I am struggling with the part that i have to be able to display A,B and C for example only by pressing 2 on the keypad.

I want to do it so that when you press '2' it displays 'A', and if you press it within 500ms, it should display 'B' and within 500ms of that it should display 'C' and then loop back to A. If 'A' is pressed and a period of 500ms is gone, it must display 'A' next to the previous one etc.

I am desperately looking for answers, hope somebody can help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.