Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between ASIC and FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaytanjore

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between asic and fpga

Hai Everyone

What is the difference between ASIC RTL code and FPGA RTL Code

bcaz i think the RTL code for ASIC and FPGA are same
In What way it differs from each other

Thanking in advance

regards
Vijayakumar
VALGHA VALAMUDAN

difference between fpga and asic

Please goto the following links, they are usefull for your question. And then, do not forget click on help button, it is usefull for me. :)

asic fpga difference

In fact, the subset of synthesizable Verilog/VHDL is IEEE standard or industrial standard. In most cases, don't worry about it. You could use the same code for FPGA or ASIC. However, in the real lab work, you have

- Keep in mind the device specific feathers (FPGA) and the techology specific features (ASIC), if you used the hard block or IP, most frequently memory, you have to see if they are the same.

- the tool specific feathers. You are using different tools in synthesis the code. Some tools provide the tool specific directives, if you use some of them, change your code if neccissary.

FPGA always use "one-hot" statemachine, but done worry about it. Most tools could change it automatically. :)

difference fpga asic

So the short simple answer is very little differnce. That's the whole point of HDL; technology migration without much recoding.

differences between asic and fpga

fpga is a kind of programmable asic.

difference asic fpga

soccer,
The original poster was asking about the difference between "ASIC RTL code and FPGA RTL Code".
The answer is that with RTL code, the answer is, there isn't much difference.
That's one advantage of RTL, technology freedom, common language.

rtl coding fpga asic differences

You can write "pure" RTL that is usable for both FPGA and ASIC, but if you want to take advantage of some special stuff available on FPGAs you may have to customise your code to suit the FPGA architecture of your design

fpga asic difference

Thinkie, agreed. Likewise for ASICs.

difference between dsp and fpga

Hi All,

Since gated clocks cant be implemeted in a FPGA, I guess we need to take care while using ASIC code in a FPGA flow.

Regards

comparison between asic & fpga

FPGA architecture implies use of digital signal processing

what is difference between asic and fpga

FPGA for DSP, isn't it obvious? Digital Systems for Digital Signal Processing, what else? :D

difference between fpga asic

the design will optimize by the FPGA(ASIC) Lib
so the deisgn will have little difference

fpga asic differences

lincolndsp,
FPGA imples DSP? I don't think so..
coolrak,
I'm not sure about that. I believe gated clocks can be implemented in FPGA's. In Spartan and Virtex parts at least.

differences between fpga and asic

i want full topic of the FPGA and ASIC ,CMOS .,

Difference between ASIC and FPGA.., send with mail id sir., srichandranid@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back