Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433MHz Monopole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

am.jay.kay

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!
I am designing a monopole antenna for 433 MHz which would work perfectly in water.
I am doing it using CST MWS. I have designed it but it is has a poor S parameter. I tried different dimensions but it didn't work.
Can somebody help me, please.

in water ? as in submerged ?
433MHz transmission in water is going to be extremely lossy, which is why they used VLF and ELF to communicate with submarines

Dave

agreed with davenn..!!

And as per ur model in CST..!! Can u describe ur model in CST ?? How u modeled ur antenna and the water environment..!!

yes the antenna will be submerged. And if it is lossy then what should i do, i mean should i design it or not?
and as for as the model is concerned so it is a wire type monopole on a rectangular ground plane and i used the properties of water to change the background material in CST. If there is a better way to do it in CST, i will be thankful to you if you guide me.

its next to impossible to use HF let alone VHF or UHF submerged

you need to look at some other system for what you are trying to achieve ....

speaking of which ... what are you trying to achieve ??

Dave

is it any industrial or defense based project or an academic project..?? What is the maximum depth of ur antenna submerge are u looking for..??

Actually i have designed bow-tie antenna for the same frequency (also submerged). Now i want to compare it with monopole to know which one provides the best results.

It is an academic project. depth should be a meter for experimental purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ rodgerwxh: Actually at the moment it is for experimental purposes but anyhow, Thanks alot. The links you mentioned helped me alot (atleast for the monopole part).
Thanks again to all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.