Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 pin adapter for Spartan-3 FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple777er

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm currently undertaking a project that involves a temperature and humidity sensor. Our group bought the "Grove temperature and humidity sensor".
This is what it looks like over here --> **broken link removed**

You can notice that it has a 4 pin connector to it which uses a cable to connect to the 4 pin connector of the FPGA board. However, the FPGA board we are using is the Spartan-3 XC3S400 (which is not the one shown in the photos in the link posted above). It doesn't have the 4 pin connector as shown in the link. One of my professors said that there is an adapter that is available but he doesn't remember what its called. The adapter is able to be plugged in to the FPGA board to allow for the 4 pin connectors of the sort that the sensor has.

Does anyone know what its called or what it looks like by any chance?
Much appreciated.

There won't be an off-the-shelf adaptor cable, since this sensor isn't designed for any particular FPGA development board. You'll have to make up your own, perhaps with some unholy combination of jumper wires and header pins. It should be pretty easy - it's only four wires.. and one of them isn't connected :) Have a look at the pinout of the connectors on your FPGA board and locate a 3.3V output, ground, and one I/O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back