Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4*6 LED 7-Segment LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrbaut1x

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am currently working on a 4*6 7 Segment LED Display and I am having problem with the brightness of the LED. I don't know if it is something about the frequency of the scan. Can you give comments on how should I make the firmware in such a way that it will become brighter. I attached the file of my circuit. Hardware redesigning is not applicable. The PCB is already tooled. Thanks. Kindly give me advise on firmware side. Thanks. Four_Large_display.JPG

1. Scan frequency should be somewhere between visible blinking (tens of Hz) to a few hundreds of Hz. Too high frequency might increase the percentage of time spent in switching, relative to light on.

2. Make sure you don't have a "dead time", in which no 7-segment is being lit. Best way to check your firmware is with scope. Maybe you can also test it by lowering the frequency of the whole system, so that scan frequency is around 1Hz, and visually check it.

3. Try lowering the series resistors between the drivers and the 7-segment, even down to a few tens of ohms (no PCB redesign here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back