Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

-3dB Bandwidth check for active cmos RC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudeep_

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me, which can be used for -3dB bandwidth check for active cmos filter using opamp like loop gain vs closed loop gain.

I am not sure if I fully understand your question regarding "loop gain vs closed loop gain".
Are you speaking of a 2nd order active lowpass ?

The circuit is designed as 2nd order Multiple feedback active cmos filter, I am not sure to check -3dB BW by considering Loop gain or Closed loop gain plot.

I am not sure to check -3dB BW by considering Loop gain or Closed loop gain plot.

The filter circuit is realized using feedback. Hence, I see no reason to measure/calculate/simulate the 3dB BW not in this closed-loop configuration.

Could you elobarate this statement. "Hence, I see no reason to measure/calculate/simulate the 3dB BW not in this closed-loop configuration".

Could you elobarate this statement. "Hence, I see no reason to measure/calculate/simulate the 3dB BW not in this closed-loop configuration".
At first, can YOU elaborate the term"check"? Does it mean calculation, simulation or measurement?

-3dB BW measurement for LPF. Which one is used for -3dB BW ( CL or loopgain plot)?

At first, can YOU elaborate the term"check"? Does it mean calculation, simulation or measurement?

-3dB BW measurement for LPF. Which one is used for -3dB BW ( CL or loopgain plot)?

As I have mentioned already, the filtering action is caused by a feedback effect - hence, you measure the closed-loop response.

The filter's response, regardless of type, can be obtained three ways:
1) By mathematical analysis
2) By simulation using a sweep
3) By actual hardware testing using a sinewave oscillator and a scope

Is that what you are asking? Because your question is not clear.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.