Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D TV flickers reduce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aman Varma

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys. Can anyone tell me how can i reduce flickers on my 3D TV?

Actually, there is no solution to an existing flickr problem. However, modern 3D TVs are flickr free. FPR technology has reduced flickering problem and promises to provide flickr free 3D picture.

How can i improve on my 3D TV brightness? Any suggestions?

The technology used in 3D TVs are the same as mobile phones. The brightness levels decide the quality of your display. It helps in improving the overall 3D experience.

Read the manual that comes along with tv

What else do i need with the 3D TV to watch 3D content at home ?

What else do i need with the 3D TV to watch 3D content at home ?

The 3D TV requires you to wear 3D glasses in order to see the actual 3D images relayed on the screen. There are two types of 3D glasses available in the market. The costly shutter glasses and the other Polarised Glasses which are a better choice. But make sure that your 3D TV supports FPR in order to be compatible with the polarised glasses.

Can anyone tell me how can i reduce flickers on my 3D TV?
Try 60Hz video and compare if it is reduced or not. If no difference then it is “state of the art”.
As I know some active 3D TVs uses 50Hz per eye if input video is 50Hz/48Hz, some 3D TVs use 60Hz per eye even though 50Hz or 48Hz input video.
Depends on your TV design.

What are the drawbacks of FPR technology?

Hi;
One of the most annoying drawback is vertical viewing angle (it was also discussed in this thread https://www.edaboard.com/threads/234793/#post1005947). It is important if you consider to hang your TV on the wall. Any misalignment in your viewing region could cause bad 3D experince.
The other one is, picture vertical resolution per eye is half of Full HD resolution. (540 lines/eye).

Status
Not open for further replies.