Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D radiation pattern and gain versus frequency plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahid78

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

before starting simulation in CST MWS we define different monitors for our desired quatities.
for example if we are interested in radiation pattern at 1.8ghz we define far field monitor at 1.8ghz and after simulation we can see the desired ratiation pattern

my question is it possible to extract the 3D radiation pattern at any other frequency after simulation has finished using post processing templates withour running the simulation again

my second question is how to plot the gain versus frequency plot using cst mws.
any help would be highly appreciated

regards
shahid

No, u have to define monitor at desired frequency before u run simulation.
for ur 2nd question
1) u can get the gain directly from radiation pattern if u select the option of IEEEGain
2) U can also select the templete ( i think farfied and select gain at the desired angle)

hi snkhan

thanks for your reply.
regarding radiation pattern i think it would be very time consuming to find the 3d radiation pattern specially if one run the mesh adaptation scheme.
so i have to run the adaptation mesh scheme again if i am interested in radiation pattern at any other frequency

regarding your comments on gain, i am interested in a curve which gives gain against frequency so that i know how gain is varying with frequency.

while your are telling the gain at a particular frequecy which is shows at the bottom of radiation pattern

however many thanks for your comments

thanks

any one knows how to plot gain or efficiency versus frequency in cst mws for antenna simulation

I don't know if this will help but it is practical to plot gain vs angle vs frequency in HFSS. This creates a 3D isometric plot.

I recognise that your question was not about HFSS specifically. You can also accomplish a similar plot in matlab. In fact, you can go one more step and plot four parameters where one is color and the other three correspond to the i, j, and k axes. As I recall the command is plot3d and color is one of the additional parameters in the list of arguments that control the details of the plot.

Hopefully this did not stray too far from the intent of your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back