dvtruongson

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3d capacitance software

Dear everyone,

Please help me to recommend the abovementioned software. I need to get one for a complex metal wiring design.

Thank you very much

Static3D solver of **broken link removed**. Ideal for wiring.

thanks e_m_c for your recommendation, but does your company provide any free evaluation package?

dvtruongson said:
Dear everyone,

Please help me to recommend the above mentioned software. I need to get one for a complex metal wiring design.

Thank you very much

There are many different software tools allowing extraction of capacitance and/or resistance and inductance (both free and commercial tools).

The choice would depend on the answers to the following questions:

- how "complex" is your layout (please note that what's "complex" for one tool may be "trivial" for another tool) - i.e. how many nets, min feature size, max size of the nets, etc.

- what accuracy you would like to achieve?

- do you need just C, or C and R (i.e. distributed RC), or C and R and L?

- acceptable simulation/extraction time?

- acceptable cost of the software?

dvtruongson said:
thanks e_m_c for your recommendation, but does your company provide any free evaluation package?

Sure. You can easily request it sending email with some information about your application area to info@emcos.com.

Hi timof,

Thank you very much for your response,
1. Would you please tell me what free software can I use? I curerntly use Fasthenry for R/L extraction and fastcap for C but we need a more precise one to extrace R, C and L at the same time.
2. Accuracy, speed and net size approximately similar to fasthenry are OK, I think.
3. We want to simulate a stacked device.
4. IF possible, please let me a few options of package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…