Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 350mA led low brightness why

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobos1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i designed a 1watt 350ma led driver i get a 350ma at output to drive the led but the leds brightness is low... if anyone has gone throught such problem help me.....

I am using a flyback converter.......and not using output inductor will it be a problem.....

Give us more detailed information about circuit, such as measured voltage, measured current, how many LEDs on array, etc...

+++

What is the forward voltage of the LED ? You can measure the current flowing through the LED using some ammeter/multimeter to ensure that 350mA (required current) is flowing ? Did you limited the current using any series resistors?

forward voltage of led is 3.5 i have three led in series and current rating is 350mA

i get a 10.7 volts in total with 350mA .......

i have not added any series resistor....

just the output of the flyback transformer is fed with a diode and capacitor inbetween led and transfromer winding for rectification and filtering

What is the forward voltage of diode you are using ? Did you measured the current through the LED using multimeter/ammeter ?

@ phobos 1
As I understand it:
1) You want the LED driver to give 350mA.
2) You've measured it, and it does give 350mA.

So there's nothing wrong with the LED driver. The only problem seems to be that the LEDs are not as bright as you hoped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.