Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

350 micro ohm resistor for shunt current sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

madusanka

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all,

i need 350micro-ohm shunt resistor for current sensing in ADE7757 ic, but i couldn't find this resistor in the market. i search few electronic supplies companies bt they dnt have this resistor.. any one have idea about this problem .can i use another resistor instead of this ?:-(

plz reply me soon.

thanx,

Hi,
This is an uncommon value. A more common value is 1 mohm(0.001 ohm). If the current sensing doesn't need to be absolutely precise, you could parallel 1 mohm (0.001 ohm) to obtain a resistance of 333 uohm.

You can find 350 micro ohm resistor here: WSMS5515L3500JK Vishay/Dale Résistances détection de courant - CMS

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Last edited:
Of course, you don't need exactly 350 µOhm for the energy measurement chip, they have programmable amplifiers and full scale scalibration, and you can place a voltage divider, if you prefer hardware adjustment. You have to keep the input voltage of the current measurement channel, and I guess, you want to limit the power dissipation. But a certain resistor range would be still possible. 300 and 500 µOhm are however quite common values for low ohmic resistors. For large AC currents, a current transformer or di/dt (rogowski) sensor would be preferable in my opinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.