Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gain Bandwidth (really get confused)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imijoon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to measure my op-amp GBP(fT) . I have a non inverting op-amp amplifier circuit with the gain of 10 . I increase the frequency until the gain becomes 7.07 . Now the frequency is 85khz (-3db frequency) . what is the formula for GBP. according to the bottom picture it should be (( GBP=7.07*85=600.95khz )) but according to application notes it should be ((GBP=10*85=850khz)).

which one is correct ? (GBP=A0*fc) or (GBP=A*fc) of (GBP= (any A in slope)*(it's frequency))

main-qimg-e50942c69985f5228303fd416d48a8e9.jpg

Thanks chuckey but I didn't get my answer clearly.
which one is correct ? (GBP=A0*fc) or (GBP=A*fc) of (GBP= (any A in slope)*(it's frequency))

Hi,

you know that GBW is open loop gain. But since you work with gain of 10 you work with feedback...

to your problem. You have a very nice picture.
* There is a horizontal line giving DC gain
* then there is an arc. This is where the phase shifts from 0 to 90°
* Then there is a line with constant 20db/decade fall rate. Only here GBW is constant. Also here are three examples that all show a GBW of 10MHz.

To measure at cutoff frequency (-3dB, = 0.707) is possible. Extend the horizontal line a bit to the right, and the constant falling line to the left until they meet. (This should be the -3dB frequency)
Take frequency and gain form the meeting point. (in your case this is A = 10 and frequency = 85kHz, giving a GBW of 850kHz)

Hope this helps.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back