Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

There is any alternative to the inverter cricuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMSA84

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

As the topic says, there is any alternative circuit to implement the same functionality of the inverter? But without having the issue of the simultaneous conduction? This would be to drive a bigger transistor.

Regards.

Split the gate drive of the N and P legs of the final, and
maybe their predrivers as well, and tailor the drives to
get nonoverlap (or minimized-overlap) switching. I call
it "ballistic anti-shoot-through" (as opposed to a feedback
logic anti-overlap).

You'll never be rid of crossover current entirely but you
can eliminate 95% of it pretty simply.

Hi freebird,

From what I understood from your suggestion is to use a non-overlapping scheme in the last 2 drivers, is that it? If so, I have done that already. I have improved the dissipated power by 75%. But I would like to improve even further.

Taking the advantage of the post, I was looking to this topology: http://analoglib.net/2011-03-18/fisher-jssc87-class-ab-buffer-amplifier/ don't know if it makes sense to use "as the" last two drivers.

Regards.

I think it's a bit exaggerated to use a rather complex, highly linear driver for a digital driving purpose. And don't forget the quiescent power which is needed for such an analog driver, even for class AB stages.

dick_freebird's method is better for this purpose, I'd think. If you already managed to save 75% of current-shoot-through power, you could perhaps achieve still a little bit more saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back