Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to send data to internet through GPRS modem SIM900D using PIC Microcontroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhibraza

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone !

I have experience in working with PIC Microcontrollers and I want to send data (simple text) from PIC to the internet on HTTP protocol. I will be interfacing SIM900D GSM/GPRS modem with PIC for this purpose. Can anyone guide me about this interfacing and uploading the text using HTTP protocol ? What are the pre-requisites/requirements for working on this and from where should I start ?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

You can start with the HTTP examples given in the "FTP HTTP AT Commands User Guide".

A very simple program is needed to upload text to web server. Just the right at commands have to be sent in right sequence. It will be good if response for each command is checked before issuing the next AT command. What PIC and Compiler are you using ?

Thanks FvM and milan.rajik...

The AT Commands User Guide pdf was helpful. I connected the SIM900D module with PC using RS-232. Then I sent the commands that are given in examples section in user guide in the same sequence. I posted some data on the website http://posttestserver.com/ which is a good test server. Then I opened the link on my PC and found that the data I had sent through GSM/GPRS module had successfully received on the test server.

- - - Updated - - -

What PIC and Compiler are you using ?

Using PIC18F26K22 (for now) with CCS Compiler v4.124

I have only tested the module and its transmission from a PC. Now I will be implementing the method on the PIC Microcontroller

Did you use Proteus for testing or hardware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back