Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3310 to pc interface using visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexhohth84

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nokia 3310 fbus

Hi, i final year student.

now i doing one project need to focus on sms. beginning i plan using gsm moderm but the problem is it is too expensive.

So now i need to use 3310 to do this project. anyone know any program that can control the nokia 3310 when it receive sms or miss call it will straight away or automatic send to pc when it connected with cable.

nokia 3310 at command

SMS send and receiver with GSM modem is an easy task with AT COMMANDS ,but nokia 3310 is not used AT command and use a dirty private protocol ,at first time 3 years ago I used nokia 3310 ,but for my applications I used GSM modem.

Your code also is useable for your future projects.

at command nokia 3310

i know using gsm modem better but i cant afford it.

so i need to adjust my plan.
so i need to change the nokia 3310 to function like gsm modem.

anyone here know how to do it or any programing i can use?

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
zilog encore programmer

**broken link removed**

fbus nokia 3310

SMS remote control for SE T10

thttp://www.serasidis.r/circuits/smscontrol/smscontroller.htm

nokia 3310 fbus cable

3310 can be easily controlled thru FBUS , you need FBUS cable, any microcontroller with UART capable of 115.2 kbps, some knowledge about PDU and FBUS protocol (plenty on the net) and programming.

at command for nokia 3310

penoy_balut said:
3310 can be easily controlled thru FBUS , you need FBUS cable, any microcontroller with UART capable of 115.2 kbps, some knowledge about PDU and FBUS protocol (plenty on the net) and programming.

Are you sure there is plenty on the net of FBUS programming protocol?

nokia 3310 with gsm module

glenjoy said:
Are you sure there is plenty on the net of FBUS programming protocol?

yes maam, i learned about FBUS mostly from gnooki.org and some other sites, i have built several devices controlled by sms using 3310.

with FBUS i can send or receive sms, delete sms on any location, restart phone, read phone book, extract text message and save to PC or saved as text files, make your PC as sms server, my latest project is text to speech, when a text message is received and a match is found on prerecorded voice it is automatically played

jaf + fbus cable for nokia 3310

Any one of you ever used Sony Ericson T290i handset. It is old and there for cheap so we can use it for experiments. Another handset is J230i can it be linked with 8051?

j230i fbus

Hi
1. Look in the following website; you can find RX and TX pins on the connector.

https://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W/erics_t28_pinout.shtml

2. another solution is to use the DATA CABLE of the phone set and connect it to you uC baord (which must have a TTL to RS232 converter as well). Now you uC board acts as PC and it can be connected to many phones using different DATA cables.

nokia 3310+at command

auto_mitch said:
**broken link removed**
It is very good place for your project. But it is very difficult to complete your project without helper. I think a lot of people will help you.

nokia 3310 gsm modem

penoy_balut said:

or you can also wire FBUS TX and RX pin directly to the microcontroller, put a 10k resistor as precaution, i am using zilog encore with VDD same as that of 3310

nokia 3310+fbus

<with FBUS i can send or receive sms, delete sms>

I too am doing this project for about a month now.But am using AT89S52(with just a meagre 256byte ram)

I can now read received sms,take some action as specified and then delete the sms.
But the problem is that the code I wrote is inconsistent,that is,it reads sms--(sometimes)takes action--deletes it..
I am using interrupt driven logic for reception and a 80byte buffer(skipping larger sms)
I ask fone to send sms,and i read the snet sms etc..
can u help(@penoy_balut) i'll tell more...thanks

use nokia 3310 as gsm modem

[quote="abicash
But the problem is that the code I wrote is inconsistent,that is,it reads sms--(sometimes)takes action--deletes it..
[/quote]

that is because you are not sending proper acknowledge packet to the phone that causes out of sync communication

nokia f-bus connector 3310

penoy_balut said:
penoy_balut said:

or you can also wire FBUS TX and RX pin directly to the microcontroller, put a 10k resistor as precaution, i am using zilog encore with VDD same as that of 3310

Better post your codes here, how to read sms, how to send, how to delete... etc...

It is a far more better help than saying you had created something, we are not looking forward for you to post your whole code, the routines to access the basics of the 3310 is already enough.

using nokia 3310 as a modem

glenjoy said:
better post your codes here, how to read sms, how to send, how to delete... etc...

It is a far more better help than saying you had created something, we are not looking forward for you to post your whole code, the routines to access the basics of the 3310 is already enough.

FBUS has been discussed on many sites, you need to modify several bytes particular to your application like message length, your service provider's message center, destination number, time stamp, message in PDU, padding byte and XORed checksum.

pdu 3310

penoy_balut said:
glenjoy said:
better post your codes here, how to read sms, how to send, how to delete... etc...

FBUS has been discussed on many sites, you need to modify several bytes particular to your application like message length, your service provider's message center, destination number, time stamp, message in PDU, padding byte and XORed checksum.

As I said, better port the routines, it will be a big help for everybody.

nokia 3310 phonebook fbus

Hello everyone, i had in my drawer a Nokia 3310 and i decide to use it as sms controller by using a microcontroller. I had a look in past topics in forum that are about sms control using 3310 but i am still comfused.

Firstly, i understood that this type of cell phones does not contain modem so the AT commands are useless, but they work with FBUS/MBUS protocol.
At the following link **broken link removed** there is a discription of the FBUS and MBUS characteristics.

Does FBUS works in the same time with MBUS?

Can i choose which one i want to use?

In other topics i read that the cell phones have two modes for the sms. The PDU format and the ASCII text format.
Does 3310 support the text format?

The FBUS baudrate is 115200bps,could it run at lower baudrate like 9600bps?

I bought a data cable for the 3310 and i connected to the pc's hyper terminal. I sent the first frame that there is at the above link but i didnt take the same response. I think that pc and 3310 are not sync.
Could u please give some instructions to have a communication between pc and cell phone?

at commands nokia 3310

Does FBUS works in the same time with MBUS?
No.
Can i choose which one i want to use?
Yes.
Does 3310 support the text format?
No.
The FBUS baudrate is 115200bps,could it run at lower baudrate like 9600bps?
No.
Could u please give some instructions to have a communication between pc and cell phone?
I prefer to communicate to 3310 using VB.

jaf 3310 cable pinout

bbbb said:
Hi
1. Look in the following website; you can find RX and TX pins on the connector.

https://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W/erics_t28_pinout.shtml

2. another solution is to use the DATA CABLE of the phone set and connect it to you uC baord (which must have a TTL to RS232 converter as well). Now you uC board acts as PC and it can be connected to many phones using different DATA cables.

actually i wan where i can found the solution that use the data cable. My main purpose of this project the nokia 3310 connect it with a pc. it will automatic send the sms it receive to pc without delay just like a sms gateway.

Actually the Fbus is good project but not suitable for me because i still got alot others part need to do. i cant just concentrate at sms part only. but really thanx alot for u all opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back