Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3202 INTERFACING with PIC16f877A witout using spi interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratzz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i have to interface 3202 with pic 16f877a for a kit in which 3202 is connected as follows:
CS-port rd7
CLK-pin no. 15 i.e t=TICKI
DO-PIN no. 16 I.E RC1
DI-PIN no. 17 i.e. RC2
thereby disabling me from using spi feature.
Is it possible to interface it without spi feature using these pins only?

a.png

also i will like to no that for single ended modes what do + or - in ch0 and ch1 mean?

Hi,

Seems strange that a kit using the 877A which has plenty of 10 bit ADC ports has the mcp3202 connected to it but not on SPI ports - very unusual.

You can write your own serial comms code to communicate with the 3202 but a real pain !

If you must persue this line then try searching 'Software SPI' for some existing code that folk use for chips that do not have an spi port.

can you tell me the functioning of TICKI pin .Does it continuosly generate a clock because i was looking at a code in 8051 and there they were aartificially generating a clock for interfacing 3202

Hi,

Not aware that you can use T1CKI pin as an output for a clock pulse ? - if you could it looks as if it could only be Fosc/4.

Have not seen any Software / Bit Banging versions of SPI, think rewiring it to the MSSP pins is the simpler option.

What board are you using ?

i am working as a intern somewhere.there they have made one kit of pic having multiplexed connection of pic.and changing the connections is not in my hand

Hi,

Is your work part of a course using that board and they are making using the 3202 difficult for you ?

Making you own custom software to drive the spi chip is not impossible but very difficult.

Here is the heart of some code I used with a sht11 sensor which uses data and clock lines.
You can perhaps see how the clock pulses are generated.

The difference with full SPI is that data is received and sent at the same time so it makes the routine even more complex.

Attachments

• serial.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: pratzz

pratzz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cant get your question .actually the place where i am working(2 months compulsory under my college course) sell kits to colleges etc ,they have connected 3202 a long time ago but never implemented it,so i am asked to complete the task. i told them about spi feature but they are not gonna change design so have asked me to write the code other way around.

Last edited:

Hi,

Hmmm... hope they are going to pay you extra for all your hard work !!

Should try searching the web a lot more than I did for some ready made code examples, try ' Software SPI' or 'Bit Banging SPI'.
Also look at 'PicList', they seem to have lots of code references.

no sad part is you are not paid because your college course ask for it.Only thing they give is certificcate so you can get your degree on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.