Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

32.768Khz oscillator with PIC16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

eswaramoorthykv

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,
I have bought 32.768Khz as shown in picture.what value i need to use ?I used 33 pf and also 22 pf it is not generating correct frequency.please give me the connection for this crystal.

With Thanks and Regards,
Eswaramoorthy K V

Are you certain that isn't a 32MHz crystal ?

Most 32.768KHz crystals are either tiny cylinders with wires coming out of one end or are tiny rectangular boxes, again with wires from one side. Don't forget that they are normally designed to fit inside wrist watches.

Brian.

Hi,

And if it is a 32Mhz xtal then it will probably not work on a 16F877 as that chip is rated at 20 Mhz max.

The situation is worse than that: When 32.768KHz is used, it is normally as the Timer1 oscillator rather than the main clock and that's only rated to 200KHz !

Brian.

Hi Eswaramoorthy K V ,

You cannot use this crystal in pic16f series, this crystal normaly used in digital clock applications. (together with DS1307),

Status
Not open for further replies.