Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[30 pts] Urgent Ares PCB question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouzid

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi edaboarders,

I'm using ARES, When I use the autoroute function the tools routes the wires like in figure 1. Actually the PCB in figure 2 seem to be better. Could someone tell me how to make my PCB looks like in the figure 2.

HI,
The only thing you need here is a ground plane added to your PCB.

I don't know this specific one you are using, but generally you make the area you wan to add the plane to, and the program automatically adds those planes and connects them to the ground for you and then it will look like your second image.

Search your manual for ground plane or similar words and you have your answer.

Chers,
/Farhad Abdolian

mouzid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi farhad,
I'm using Ares and I dont know how to that. Could you please tell what are the steps letting do that ?
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have the tool and never used it myself. But I am sure you can find the information in the help files of the program.

Best regards,
/Farhad

Here are the steps...

1. Select the Zone icon.
2. Select the required layer using the Layer Selector.
3. Select the boundary trace style for the zone from the Object Selector.
4. Either:

Drag out a rectangular power plane by clicking and dragging from one corner to another with the left mouse button depressed.

Or:

Mark a polygonal power plane by clicking left at each vertex. In this mode, you can also hold down the CTRL key to place curved sections of boundary.

5. ARES will then pop up the Edit Zone dialogue enabling you to choose a net and fill style for the zone.
6. When you click OK, ARES will generate the power plane and update the ratsnest display to show its effect on connectivity.

Hope this helps!

Nishal

Did the steps work for you?

Nishal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back