Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

30 GHz Analog to Digital signal converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathalebm

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I would like to convert an analog signal whose frequency is as high as 30GHz to a corresponding digital signal that can be scaled down to a lower frequency.

If there is a circuit that can convert the same analog signal to voltage, I think that will be more better. Can somebody help me if has an idea. Looking forward for your response. Thanks.

Kathale

hi
With today's technology limitations , it is impossible to make A/D with that sampling rates because of frequency limitations of CMOS and Bipolar technologies
as I know fastest ADCs work with hundreds of mega hertz sampling frequencies,
maybe some optoelectronic circuits in future would do that but they are not available now

Hi Hamidmoallemi,
Thanks so much for your contribution but I think I presented the question wrongly. I want to generate a square wave from a sinusoidal wave whose frequency is as high as 30GHz. Could there be a way of doing so? Please help

Hi
I think you need a zero cross detector that is simply a comparator that compares the input voltage with 0v,
but you should search for some high frequency comaparator

Status
Not open for further replies.