Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 way latching swich

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can limit voltage across the motor by adding a resistor in series. The thing is that build up 12 V supply implies additional cost.

Okay, so I have made the circuit on breadboard. (Got a couple of relays :))

The open door switch starts the relay which turns the motor in one direction and hits the laser switch and turns the laser on and the motor stops. (Okay here)

The door switch is then closed which starts the relay which turns the motor in the opposite direction and the laser goes off but is being dragged down and parts get very hot!.

- - - Updated - - -

Image of my parts.
IMG_0085.JPG

Its now working how I want it too work but the motor is pulled down a lot and gets hot at times

I'm not sure if my relay is wired up correctly, ive used 2 of these for the moment.

https://www.schukat.com/schukat/sch...11&refDoc=CMSDAD9057DF9FBACE3C125708A004D3703

and ive just put the switch and motor to either side of the coil

wz.gif

Last edited:

As you may tell my relay knowledge is poor.

Still learning, hopefully I will get this working when I get back from working abroad!!.

Worked out the relay finally and working :). Cheers guys

Got another issue, can you get a double ended latching push button switch?

So when the switch is pressed one end it stays on and when pressed the other it goes off, visa vera

Only thing I can think of that does something like that might be a slider switch.

Slide it one way for on, slide it the other way for off.

slideswitch.jpeg

That's all I could find too :-(. Might have to have a redesign.

I know what you mean, if you don't mind, then ill know if we mean the same thing :)

KM is a relay. When energized, it closes the contact normally opened associated with it also called KM.

I cant get the motor to turn backwards when the first switch is in the second position

Untitled.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Is the coil the BOX on your schematic of a thousand words

Last edited:

I am not used to the simulator you use so I do not know in what state are your push buttons normally (opened or closed ? ).

To turn the motor the other way around, you can use schematic provided by Wasperpeed on some above posts.

Ive figured it all out :) but only with help from you guys :).

Works as I want it too but now breadboard time!!!.

Wish me luck haha

motor.jpg

Can you get a small 6 pole relay?, been looking cant fine one

Status
Not open for further replies.