Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 order delta sigma modulator in Matlab and Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

strennor

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

It has been a long time I read articals, download files, learn your experience here. Now it is time to share something.

I just learned some delta-sigma modulator and did a simple Simulink model in Matlab with 32-bit realization, then a Verilog code 24bit realization with testbench.

A beiefly documentation is attached.

If any you delta-sigma expert give any advice, I will be more than happy.

Enjoy it!

Regards,
Strennor

Thank you very much..
I really appreciate your work...
Now, i'm studying this sigma delta modulator, but i still have no idea how to implement it.
I'll try your code.. and I'll ask you if I have a problem..
Thanks..

goog guy
veryuseful
thank u very much

strennor said:
Hi All,

It has been a long time I read articals, download files, learn your experience here. Now it is time to share something.

I just learned some delta-sigma modulator and did a simple Simulink model in Matlab with 32-bit realization, then a Verilog code 24bit realization with testbench.

Enjoy it!

Regards,
Strennor

thank you good doc
I appreciate you if you advice me the sigma delta fractional PLL

Thank you very much..
I really appreciate your work...
Now, i'm studying this sigma delta modulator, but i still have no idea how to implement it.
I'll try your code.. and I'll ask you if I have a problem..
Thanks..

Hi Strennor,

Thanks for posting this. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Delta-Sigma DACs work. Why is the output four bits instead of one, and how does it relate to the offset?

TIA

Can anyone help to give me some insight on this?

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing! Nice example.

In the digital DSM version I would change all data types (in adders, conversion blocks) to signed integer and remove the quantizer.

In the digital DSM version I would change all data types (in adders, conversion blocks) to signed integer and remove the quantizer.

Yes, I am going to do it too. Signed types are more flexible, I think. It can be useful if you would like to change width of accumulators.

Did anyone tried to simulate verilog using 24 bit fullscale input signal? Looks like modulator is overloading and become unstable. What is a input range for this modulator`s 24 bit implementation?

In real world implementation, should we avoid overflow using saturating adders?

Please, share your experience.

Hi All,

Enjoy it!

Regards,
Strennor

Dear Strennor,
Thanks for uploading the code. but I think this code is suitable only for real sigma delta modulators.
I need a MATLAB code to plot the PSD for a quadrature sigma delta modulator. Can u provide the same to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back