Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 axis gyroscope from ST - L3g4200d

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.pogade

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using ST's new 3 axis Gyroscope L3G4200D in one of my application. However I don't have enough documentation available to proceed with the firmware development. Can anybody help me with some test codes, by which I can test the gyroscope.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Aditya Pogade

I have been looking for a three axis gyroscope, nice find!
Do you have the data sheet? (**broken link removed**)

It appears to have several serial interfaces, what kind of interface are you talking over, and what application/device are you using it in?

Reactions: jbv55

jbv55

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Please can you tell us where did you buy it?
On Digikey and others vendors it is not yet available... :(

Hi,

I am also using the Gyroscope L3G4200D. I am trying to access the sensor via I2C and therefor i need some more information.
On the datasheet there is no information about registers and their addresses.

Thanks for any advice,
Hari

I want to use this gyroscope also, but I cant find it to buy anywhere.

Based on past experience on getting hold of fairly new parts, i think you have to sleep with someone from ST in order to get a few samples of the chip.

Right now I'm using an acellerator chip to measure acelleration in a car, but its giving me problems because as soon as the car starts going up or down a hill, the readings start going nuts because of the incline and that darn gravity thing (who needs it anyway sheesh).

I thought of using a high pass filter to solve the problem. Basically take a running average and constanty subtract that from the real-time reading in an attempt to remove the gravity reading from going up or down the slop. But I dont think that will work and and I decide to use a gyroscope.

But of course the lead time for the gyropsocpe is like 6 months to infinity. I dont know how the electronics industry can survive doing business like this.

dread_locks

Hi,

I am also using the Gyroscope L3G4200D. I am trying to access the sensor via I2C and therefor i need some more information.
On the datasheet there is no information about registers and their addresses.

Thanks for any advice,
Hari

I was just making an order to avnetexpress.avnet.com for 3 L3G4200D, but they wanted $60 to send the letter with the chips to me (in Sweden)! So I backed off.
The chips cost around $8 each.

I really need one of these gyros for a super cool project.

Their latest data sheet now has the Register description included.

There is another 3-axis gyro: ITG-3200 from invensense.com. It has only I2C interface, so it may be e harder to interface than the L3G4200D SPI.
The iPad has space on the PCB for this device, but it never got there, for some reason.
I tried to order this too, but they wanted $60 postage to Sweden too.

hi i am working with this sensor and I have not been able to program, I am using a PIC 16F877A to receive data through SPI
if anyone has a sample code please post it

Hello

I am new with gyro MEMS.
I need some help how to calculate range from the gyro
data, Can I get some help?

Thank you
:cool:

I want to work with three lpy410al components.
I think that they have better performance than the L3G4200d.
Sensitivity change vs. temperature:
lpy410al=0.07 %/°C
L3G4200d=2%
Rate noise density
lpy410al = 0.014 dps/√ Hz
L3G4200d=0.03 dps/√ Hz

What I dont know if the above parameters are for one axis for
the L3G4200d or a total. It seems that the lpy410al has better
performances than the L3G4200d

get the values ​​of X, Y and Z, but as I get the grades.?
when it is still out values.
anyone know?

I found a good document, but still does not solve my doubt

Attachments

• Aplication note L3G4200D.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: karaca

karaca

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am new with these kind of sensor applications and I have to drive L3G4200D with a microcontroller.
Do you have any sample code?

here's a code, Karaca greetings from Colombia

Attachments

• L3G4200D_Example.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back