Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2x16 LCD Screen Character Background Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashabu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[SOLVED]2x16 LCD Screen Character Background Problem

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem with displaying text/characters on my blue backlit 2x16 LCD screen. The code is working correctly and if I look the screen with an angle, I can read it. However it cannot be read by looking the screen from above. Here I am attaching the photos of my problem:

20140224_145447.jpg20140224_145459.jpg

I don't put those boxes there and I have no idea where they come from:) Can there be a wrong connection or smth? Any idea?
Thanks a lot

- - - Updated - - -

It was the most quick problem solving of mine :D It was because of over voltage. I connect a 4.7K resistor through V0, problem is gone:) If somebody faced such thing, try this.

Last edited:

hello,

try to reduce the back light...by adding serial resitor.
and play with contrast adjustment.

Re: [SOLVED]2x16 LCD Screen Character Background Problem

Use 10k pot to adjust the contrast lab2schem.png

You haven't adjust the contrast

I agree, the contrast control is set to high, you should set the contrast for a compromise between readability and speed of response, the adjustment between the two is very fine. You should fit a pot and not a fixed resistor otherwise the speed of response is not optimally set.

put 10K trimpot to the GND on LCD VEE pin, adjust it until you can see the best contrast, mostly I put 1K resistor to ground to make it fix....so far it works for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.