Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, the 2n5911 is a matched pair of FETs. I need a discrete equivalent of this, to use in a differential amplifier.

Attachments

• diff.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 103

Hello neazoi,

to find a discrete equivalent of this transistor will be very difficult. They must not only equal in data, but also they must have a thermal connection. Herre you can only compare datasheets of single JFETs and try to connect it together in thermal way.

If you need it as a replacement you can ask here. This firm sells semiconductors, which long time are obsolete. I found your transistor there for a price of € 13,80.

Regards

Rainer

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Yes, I am thinking of thermally couple them. I just need to find discrete FETs with similar electrical characteristics

2N5911 is an active part at interfet.com

I don't think that it's of much use to suggest a replacement. You should rather check the corner data of the JFETs in your reach.

The feasibility of a discrete replacement depends very much on the matching requirements. You'll possibly never achieve the matching of the dual transistor, even if you are selecting out of a large number of exemplars.

Status
Not open for further replies.