Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2GHZ 32 bit Synchronous Binary Up Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldperson2005

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
I need 2GHZ 32 bit Synchronous Binary Up Counter ( IC ) for my project . but I haven't found it yet then I decide to make it by myself .
I need to know :
Is it possible ?
How much does it cost ?
:roll:

Hi guys
I need 2GHZ 32 bit Synchronous Binary Up Counter ( IC ) for my project . but I haven't found it yet then I decide to make it by myself .
I need to know :
Is it possible ?
How much does it cost ?
:roll:
if you don't know ... than how you can build it?

Hi,
It is difficult to build such counter because of the high frequency contraint.
If you know VHDL you can easily implement your counter but for synthesis you'll need tech libraries below 65 nm.

Here is an pipeline accumulator RTL and Testbench in attechments. It works at 1 GHz at 180nm process, so it should probably works at 2 GHz on smaller geometries.
Parameter WIDTH should be set to 32 in your case. If counter always incremented by 1, input port 'din' can be tied to this value, reducing unnnecessary logic and die area.

Attachments

• sw_accum_pipe.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 127
Hi,
It is difficult to build such counter because of the high frequency contraint.
If you know VHDL you can easily implement your counter but for synthesis you'll need tech libraries below 65 nm.
Thanks a lot
I've used Synplify for my project's synthesis , Does it contain those libraries ?

Here is an pipeline accumulator RTL and Testbench in attechments. It works at 1 GHz at 180nm process, so it should probably works at 2 GHz on smaller geometries.
Parameter WIDTH should be set to 32 in your case. If counter always incremented by 1, input port 'din' can be tied to this value, reducing unnnecessary logic and die area.
Thanks a lot
I want to use it as a timer with 0.5ns accuracy : 2GHz for internal circuit clock & 1GHz for counting .
I want to measure 1±0.5ns to 50us .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back