Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2D video to 3D video Algorithm implementation on FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbichie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Cochin/ Kerala/ India or Bangalore/ Karnataka/ Ind
Activity points
Hi All,

Now i am planning to implement a 2D video to 3D video (We can see the 3D video using the Ana-glyph Glasses) on the FPGA.

So can you suggest the best and easy algorithm that i can implement using VHDL.

I heard that the 3D video from 2D can create by using two 2D camera sources by shifting one video (only contains the RED component) and keep the 2nd one same (only contains the BLUE component).

But i have only one source of video, so i just take the same source for the this purpose, so the 3D video became not so good.....

I also heard about some Depth Maps and all... (Didn't look yet)

So please suggest any good method (if the method is using only one source then it will be more helpful).

Thanks in Advance......

Last edited:

If it is ana-glyph-glass....you have one red color glass for viewing and sencond is either blue or green color image color.....here is some thing that you can try

you need to send alternate data for red and green/blue pixel to start for secene you intended to see....later you can try one red image and second is green/blue image data for the secen you intended to see on 3D....

refer link-
Anaglyph image - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
may be helpful...

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.