Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2D DNG negative refraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

meisam haghparast

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dng_negative

hi
I am modeling a 2D FDTD code between freespace and a DNG media to
visualize the negative refraction
but there is some problem and the negartive refraction won't occur
can anybody help me?
have anybody ever run same simulation?

wandering heart said:
Maybe u should provide more details abt ur code or somewhat else, otherwise people can't help u.

I am going to model snell law between freespace and a DNG media
the propagation polarization is TE
I asked if anybody did it before

You may have a mistake in how you are making the refractive index negative. Are you setting both mu and eps to a negative value? What values are you using? How are you visualizing your fields?

-Tip

rrumpf said:
You may have a mistake in how you are making the refractive index negative. Are you setting both mu and eps to a negative value? What values are you using? How are you visualizing your fields?

-Tip

I am modeling both mu and epsilon by drude model and both are negative

Hmmm... It should work for you. As an intermediate step, try removing the Drude model and just set mu and eps both equal to a constant -1. See what happens. If you still do not see a negative refraction effect, then something else is wrong.

-Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back