Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About operation of dimmer triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

SINDHURI

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Afternoon,

I am getting confused the operation of the triac in this para, so please any one can explain me the operation and working of this module in clear to tell to my guide sir.

In this dimmer, the alternating current (AC) phase control method is used to control the intensity of
an incandescent lamp or fan, which is connected as a load. The rms value of the voltage supplied to the lamp is varied by controlling the firing angle of a Triac. The firing angle is the time the Triac is made on. The firing angle is determined by the control input. By controlling the firing angle, the rms voltage supplied to the load changes and according to the voltage light intensity of the bulb varies. Figure displays the effective voltage applied to a load by controlling the firing angle, α.

LINK FOR DATASHEET OF THE MODULE THAT I HAVE USED:
**broken link removed**

Please reply me as soon as possible. urgent required.

Thank in Advance.

I checked the instructions you refer to. They are excellent and clear.
What you need to explain?

I checked the instructions you refer to. They are excellent and clear.
Yes, they are. But I shivered a bit when I saw that Sunrom designs isolated control of 230 V mains voltage with < 0.5 mm creepage distance where safety regulations require several mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back