Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need development board(generic board) schematic for PIC16F877A microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

salman.

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need schematics for the PIC16F877A development board(generic board)

thanking u guys in anticipation.

A good, but often underutilized resource, are the development board schematics offered by device's manufacture, in this case Microchip.

Microchip PICDEM 2 Plus BOM and Schematics

**broken link removed**

Older Version Schematics

The development board, both simple and flexible, supports not only the PIC16F877A, but a wide variety of PIC16 and PIC18 devices. I still use the PICDEM 2 Plus to provide a rapid development platform to facilitate the development commercial applications.

BigDog

Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate it! :grin:

Hi,

If you are going to build your own dev board, why not design your own board ?

Copying other boards only gives you what they provide, not necessarily what you want or need.

Here is a very basic circuit for a 877A, why not design around that, get a basic program running on it, then add extra hardware to it as your experience grows.

Attachments

• ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 116
Hello there wp100,

That's a good idea but I have to build is asap. That's why I won't be able to design my own board.

Thank you for the response buddy :)

Hi,

Copying other boards only gives you what they provide, not necessarily what you want or need.

Here is a very basic circuit for a 877A, why not design around that, get a basic program running on it, then add extra hardware to it as your experience grows.

You also need to consider what you get for capabilities of that board, and what is price of that journey.

I think that is best to invest money in good development board, or you can build some good but cost of parts and time + making big PCB ..... what if there is some tracks bugs,..... just look to implement LCD and GLCD with touch on it what will be price,... to build programmer, USB interface,.... :-?

In post #2 you have good advice.

In every job investments in good tools is good things, improvising with tools often give bad results. Why we buy commercial and tested instruments like multimeters ?

Hi tpetar,

I think you are right, If time is the concern I should probably go with the per-developed and tested board. If money then I should build my own but in my case here both time and money are the concerns :(

Thank you :),
Salman

You also need to consider what you get for capabilities of that board, and what is price of that journey.

I think that is best to invest money in good development board, or you can build some good but cost of parts and time + making big PCB ..... what if there is some tracks bugs,..... just look to implement LCD and GLCD with touch on it what will be price,... to build programmer, USB interface,.... :-?

In post #2 you have good advice.

In every job investments in good tools is good things, improvising with tools often give bad results. Why we buy commercial and tested instruments like multimeters ?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

That's a good idea but I have to build is asap. That's why I won't be able to design my own board.

Hi,

Thought time was of the essence ? - still not decided on a board ?

What are your requirements, what programmer do you want, what price are you thinking of ?

Assume you are you able to build it yourself, which give you a better understanding of the board and chip.

You can build a starter board with lcd a few leds and switches in an evening, doesn't have to be a pcb, my first two dev boards were on vero/strip board and they can look quiet good if constructed with some thought.

Hi,

These pictures will show you how cheap and easy it is to build your own basic system, preferably on a soldered board, either pcb or strip board.

You add extra circuity as your experience grows.

Attachments

• DEV1-2.jpg
    DEV1-2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DEV2-2.jpg
    DEV2-2.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DEV_running.jpg
    DEV_running.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 90

Status
Not open for further replies.