Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS - Please help me plot a graph with different traces for a swept parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeboraHarry

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to plot the Gain (dBi) vs Frequency (GHz) of an antenna on a 2D graph using:

HFSS -> Results -> Create Far Field Report -> Rectangular Plot

but have a different trace for each variation of a parameter which was swept using

HFSS -> Optimetrics Analysis -> Add Parametric

I have used a Discrete frequency sweep. Since there are two values (210 mm and 220 mm) of the parameter I called 'start_position1', I want two traces. However, there is only one trace as shown. (I've attached the .hfss file, in case it helps. I made various changes from my original file to make it run faster. It should only take 10 minutes or so to run - a lot less if you have a DSO license).

I want to plot the graph with:

• Phi=0°
  • start_position1 (my parametric variable) = 210 mm and 220 mm
  • Theta=90°

But as you can see above, it is only plotting Θ=90°, Φ=0° , start_position1=210 mm, and not showing a trace with Θ=90°, Φ=0° , start_position1=220 mm, (The value of start_position1 is defined as 210 mm in the model, but of course I want to sweep that value using the Optimetrics)

Here's my Parametric Sweep setup, using HFSS -> Optimetrics Analysis -> Add Parametric The simulation runs OK, with no warnings.

Here's how I have tried to plot the gain vs frequency, with HFSS -> Results -> Create Far Field Report -> Rectangular Plot

Here is the "Families Tab" of HFSS -> Results -> Create Far Field Report -> Rectangular Plot . Note this shows two values for start_position1.

I'm not sure what (if anything) I should expect on the Families Display tab of HFSS -> Results -> Create Far Field Report -> Rectangular Plot , but I see nothing at all.

Can anyone suggest how I might show two traces? I'd appreciate it very much.

Deborah.

Attachments

• why-cant-I-get-gain-against-frequency-for-all-data-in-parametric.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back