Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between pic16f877 and pic 16f877A ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaisar Azeemi

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi;

kindly tell me the difference between pic16f877 and pic16f877A . can they b used for the same purpose interchangably i.e; one in place of other.

my first project on pic has been started and i need your help.

thank u

i come to know this from that thread.

Code:
The 16F877A is a newer part. It's FLASH programming is faster (and different) than the 16F877.
The 16F877A also has a pair of comparators which must be disabled (on by default) if you want it to preform like a 16F877

As for ICD they are both the same, the A will program slightly faster and there is no need to use the non A version.

Both have been superseded by the new 16F887

its really helpful but i want to use 16f877 in place of 16f877A. can i use it as it is pin compatible?

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

i come to know this from that thread.

Code:
The 16F877A is a newer part. It's FLASH programming is faster (and different) than the 16F877.
The 16F877A also has a pair of comparators which must be disabled (on by default) if you want it to preform like a 16F877

As for ICD they are both the same, the A will program slightly faster and there is no need to use the non A version.

Both have been superseded by the new 16F887

its really helpful but i want to use 16f877 in place of 16f877A. can i use it as it is pin compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.