Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24V to 50 Volt converter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqas5304

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to convert 24 V dc to 50 V dc , any idea to do it

Could be a standard boost switching application, e. g. with an UC384x current mode controller, a MOSFET, a diode, an inductor ... Solution depends on current requirements.

saeed131, should we use a Power OP when more than 20 mA current is required?

thanx saeed131
plz tell me how to give power supply to opamp. if u can suggest the opamp it will be great . i think your circuit in thoeritical not pratical

waqas5304 said:
hi
i want to convert 24 V dc to 50 V dc , any idea to do it

If you need small current (ie 100-200mA) then a simple oscillator driving a NPN (NMOS) power transistor ( 200V Vce/Vds). In the transistor's collector an inductance connected to +24V. On the collector you'll have 2..3 times the supply voltage. Rectify it using a fast diode (kill the oposite spikes with another diode) and filter with a capacitor. Voilla.

On the collector you'll have 2..3 times the supply voltage.
Could be a lot more. Without a load, the voltage will rise until either transistor or diode reach avalanche breakdown. Depending on the current level, they may possibly not withstand this operation. Thus if no pwm voltage regulation is provided, you should have at least a zener diode limiting the output voltage. Basically the part count wouldn't be higher using a SMPS controller as oscillator, e. g. they said type, but you have a precise voltage regulation then.

Status
Not open for further replies.