Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 24V 200mA to 12V 3Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmrps

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
I am having 24v 200ma power supply i have to convert it into 12v 3amps supply how can i convert it if i am giving input of 24v 200ma to lm350 regulator it will convert 12v 3amps is this correct or what will be the best method to decrease the volt into 12v and increase current into 3amps please give me your guidance

Hi,

Input power is 24V x 200mA = 4.8W
Output power is 12V x 3A = 36W

==> It is impossible to output more power than you input...

Klaus

Hi,

Input power is 24V x 200mA = 4.8W
Output power is 12V x 3A = 36W

==> It is impossible to output more power than you input...

Klaus

Thanks for the reply it is possible to increase the amps by placing inductor in between that

Hi,

Thanks for the reply it is possible to increase the amps by placing inductor in between that

Correct. You need a switch mode controller for that. Look for step down or buck controller.

But since you can not increase power you are limited to less than 4.8W at 12V, what means less than 400mA.

Klaus

Reactions: rmrps

rmrps

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back